Some frequently asked questions about Worker’s Comp answered here for you.
- Workman’s compensation is a system that exists in all states to protect workers who are injured as a result of their job. When a worker becomes injured, they can file a claim for compensation.
- Some employees who have been injured are not aware of their rights and fear getting in trouble or even fired for notifying their employer of the accident and seeking proper medical treatment due to a work related injury.
- Immediately after being injured due to your job, you should provide notification to your employer. Filing a report regarding your work related injury is the first step in the workers compensation process.
- An injured worker should provide their employer with the following information: the names of all witnesses and a description of how, when, and where the accident and injury took place.
- When you are not sure what to do and before making a mistake, contact us, and we can assist you with any questions you may have regarding an injury on the job.